The 2023 US Open kicks on on August 28 and will run until September 10. Did you know that specific credit cards offer perks that allow you to enjoy the experience even further?
If you’re into the idea of making the most of credit card perks as a tennis fan, check out Credello’s handpicked credit cards for sports fans. Additionally, consider the cards below, which are the best ones for the upcoming U.S. Open and offer event-specific benefits such as early access to ticket sales and exclusive lounges.
The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Key Features: This premium card offers various travel benefits, including airport lounge access (Priority Pass, Centurion Lounges, Delta Sky Club), $200 airline fee credit, up to $200 in Uber credits, and 5x Membership Rewards points on flights and prepaid hotels.
- S. Open Perks: American Express often offers cardholders exclusive U.S. Open experiences, such as early access to tickets, special seating, and exclusive hospitality lounges.
American Express Gold Card
- Key Features: This card is designed for food and travel enthusiasts, offering 4x Membership Rewards points at U.S. restaurants and on eligible travel purchases, $120 dining credit at select restaurants, $100 airline fee credit, and no foreign transaction fees.
- S. Open Perks: Similar to the Platinum Card, American Express Gold Cardholders often receive exclusive U.S. Open offers.
Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Key Features: A premium travel card with a $300 annual travel credit, 3x points on travel and dining, Priority Pass Select lounge access, Global Entry/TSA PreCheck fee credit, and 50% more value for points when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- S. Open Perks: Chase often offers cardholders access to exclusive U.S. Open experiences or ticket presales.
Chase Sapphire Preferred®
Key Features: This card offers 2x points on travel and dining, a 25% point boost when redeeming through Chase Ultimate Rewards, and no foreign transaction fees. It’s a solid mid-tier travel rewards card.
- S. Open Perks: Similar to the Sapphire Reserve card.
Tennis fans can make the most of certain credit cards to enjoy events such as the U.S. Open. The beauty of the cards above is that they’re great cards overall – their rewards can be enjoyed with other things once the excitement of the tournament is over.
Name: Carolina d’Arbelles-Valle
Job Title: Senior Digital PR Specialist