Credit cards can be more than just a convenient payment method, and the World Elite Mastercard is a great example. There are many types of World Elite Mastercard credit cards that all offer plenty of benefits. These include excellent rewards, liability protection, and purchase protection reimbursements. Read on to learn about some World Elite Mastercard benefits to consider before you apply for a credit card online.
1. Rewards for everyday spending
For every purchase you make using the World Elite Mastercard, you can receive rewards. Better yet, some cards offer a higher rewards rate for spending on groceries and gas. This allows you to build up points quickly that you can redeem for cash back, shopping at your favourite stores, and more.
2. Exclusive travel benefits
World Elite Mastercard credit cards also offer a variety of travel perks that can allow you to make the most of any trip, whether you’re on vacation or travelling for work. Here are some benefits World Elite cardmembers can take advantage of:
- Priceless experiences: Receive exclusive access to once-in-a-lifetime travel experiences.
- DragonPass: Access over 1,000 airport lounges in over 140 countries.
- Concierge services: Work with a 24/7 concierge service that can help you with various services, like reserving a table at a restaurant or finding hard-to-find items.
- Roadside assistance: Get your vehicle towed if it breaks down or runs out of gas.
- Boingo Wi-Fi: Get access to over 1 million Wi-Fi hotspots worldwide.
3. Security and liability protection
Mastercard credit cards protect you against theft and fraud by guaranteeing that you will not owe money for fraudulent charges made without your consent. For example, if you lose your wallet and someone finds it and uses your card, you can tell your credit card issuer, and they’ll cancel the card and erase the purchases. They’ll then send you a new card in the mail. Furthermore, these cards provide other security features, such as:
- Mastercard ID Theft Protection: Set up fraud alerts and get assistance from resolution specialists.
- Mastercard global assistance: Get emergency assistance anytime, wherever you are.
4. Purchase protection
Purchase protection means your issuer will reimburse you for eligible purchases if an item is lost, stolen, or damaged within a specific period. If you purchase a laptop with your Mastercard that gets damaged or stolen later, for instance, your issuer may reimburse you for some or all of the cost. Purchase protection may have reimbursement limits and exclusions, so make sure to read your card agreement’s terms and conditions.
5. Cell phone protection
Some World Elite Mastercard credit cards offer up to a certain amount of coverage for lost, stolen, or damaged phones. This can offer peace of mind in case you misplace or damage your mobile device. Mastercard can reimburse you quickly so you can continue using your device as soon as possible. Just keep in mind that issuers often require you to have the card for a period of time before coverage kicks in.
The bottom line
The World Elite Mastercard goes far beyond regular credit cards, offering plenty of exclusive benefits to those who have it. World Elite cardmembers can enjoy perks from travel benefits to purchase protection. Check your credit score and consider your financial situation before applying to ensure the World Elite Mastercard is the right option for your needs.
Name: Carolina d’Arbelles-Valle
Job Title: Senior Digital PR Specialist