SIMSITE® NON-CLOGGING IMPELLERS
Simsite® Structural Composite Non-Clogging Impellers are Superior to Metallic Impellers because they are lightweight, easy to install, and engineered to last as well as eliminate corrosion, electrolysis, and cavitation problems that are inherent in metallic impellers! Simsite® Non-Clogging Impellers have excellent lubricity with a low coefficient of friction, which prevents material sticking and clogging. ImpellerStore is able to offer such superior impellers because Simsite® Impellers are machined from solid blocks of Simsite® Structural Graphite Composite. Simsite® Impellers are machined on the outside as well as the inside on 5 to 8 axis machining centers.
Non Clogging Impellers enable more particulate to pass through the vanes than closed impellers and their design prevents clogging of the particulate in the fluid being pumped. Fortunately, Simsite® Impellers are engineered to reduce or eliminate the effects of clogging, corrosion, erosion, and cavitation. Because Simsite® Impellers are precision machined from solid blocks of the structural composite, the impeller vane geometry can be engineered utilizing CFD (Computerized Fluid Dynamics) techniques and programs to eliminate the vortexing and cavitation problems experienced by cast or molded metallic impellers.
Simsite® Engineered composite impellers & Casing Rings offer even greater savings because they can be engineered to make the pump operating point the Best Efficiency Point (BEP) which significantly increases efficiency! (The farther away the pump operates from BEP, the lower the efficiency, and the higher the radial loading, movement, and vibration.) The machined vane surfaces provide smoother surface finishes, which allows for a lower coefficient of friction with self-lubricating qualities. Machined Structural Composite Impellers & Rings are 5 to 6 times lighter than metallic impellers and run on tighter wear ring to casing ring clearances.
This provides a reduction in mechanical losses as well as volumetric losses. Since machined composite impellers are perfectly balanced, both hydraulically and mechanically, and maintain this balance throughout the life of the pump, this reduces vibration and allows the pump to operate more efficiently which reduces downtime and operational costs. Engineered structural composite products also prove lightweight, reducing start-up load and shaft deflection. The result is an increase in the lifetime of Bearings, Seals, Rings, and Sleeves!
SIMSITE® Impellers & Casing Rings are the best Impellers & Casing Rings in the marketplace! The reason our Impellers are so good is because they are not cast, or molded.
SIMS PUMP manufactures high-quality, precision machined, upgraded, efficient, Impellers & Casing Rings from SIMSITE®, a unique and patented structural composite. SIMSITE® Products are patented and completely different from any other Impellers & Casing rings in the marketplace because they are fully machined from solid blocks of SIMSITE®, which never corrodes in seawater, brackishwater, river water, chlorinated water, sewage, waste water, and many other chemicals.
Our SIMSITE® Impellers and Casing Rings are truly unique because they are completely (100%) machined on the inside as well as the outside. The 5-axis to 8-axis precision machining makes our SIMSITE® impellers perfectly balanced both mechanically, and hydraulically – if an impeller is machined from one center position, there is NO Imbalance!
Furthermore, because our impellers do not corrode in seawater, brackish water, river water, wastewater, and many chemicals, they do not go into an imbalance and therefore they do not experience performance degradation like metallic products.
SIMSITE® Impellers and Rings are excellent for new, upgrade, repair, or retrofit applications. They are lightweight and virtually indestructible. Wear of other pump parts including the pump casing are greatly reduced because of the SIMSITE® Impeller’s perfect balance, lightweight, self-lubricating, sealing, and corrosion, erosion, & cavitation resistance. This means far less expense for the replacement of parts, downtime, and years of trouble-free performance.
Simsite® Impellers and Casing Rings are designed for Superior Hydraulic Performance because the Impellers are computer engineered, designed, and precision machined. The impeller vane geometry can be engineered to maximize effciency and performance. Problems such as recirculation, radial thrust, and cavitation can be minimized, or eliminated by upgrading to Simsite® Impellers & Casing Rings. Impeller vane shapes can easily be modified to provide the best vane shape for specific applications and performance requests.
- Simsite® Impellers & Casing Rings are superior to all metallic Products in Salt Water, Brackish Water, River Water, Waste Water, Chlorinated Water, and many Chemical services, because they do not corrode and because they are machined as opposed to being cast, or molded.
- Simsite® Impellers & Casing Rings NEVER CORRODE in Seawater, Sewage, Waste Water, Brackish Water, or Chlorinated Water! One of the most important advantages of Simsite® structural composite products in comparison to metal is its ability in resistance to both corrosion and erosion in corrosive environments!
- Simsite® Impellers & Casing Rings are Corrosion, Erosion, and Cavitation Resistant!
- Simsite® Impellers & Casing Rings are Light They are only 15% the weight of metallic Impellers and Rings. The lighter mass means a substantial reduction in start-up load, shaft movement, and shaft deflection, resulting in a much longer life for the bearings, mechanical seals, casing and wear rings, and sleeves. The lightweight of the products proves to be an excellent investment.
- Simsite® Impellers & Casing Rings are Mechanically and Hydraulically Balanced and maintain this perfect balance throughout the lifetime of the Pump
- Simsite® Impellers & Casing Rings Reduce Maintenance and Repair
- Simsite® Impellers & Casing Rings Extend Performance, Longevity, and Reliability.
- Simsite® Impellers & Casing Rings improve pump efficiency as well.
FOR OVER 100 YEARS
Sims has been a leader in engineering pumps and pump products. From the invention of the original Sims pump valve to the development of the Simsite® impellers, pumps, mechanical seals, guide bearings, and valves, Sims continues to be a leader in innovative pump solutions for the marine and industrial markets. Sims focuses on innovative solutions for corrosion, erosion, and cavitation applications. Sims Simsite® impellers are superior to any other impellers on the market. Simsite® impellers never corrode in saltwater, wastewater, or chlorinated water applications and are excellent for many chemical applications. Since 1919, Sims has focused on complete customer satisfaction with every product manufactured. A unique unconditional customer guarantee is made possible by the highest standards of engineering, manufacture, and customer service. Observe the image of the two impellers mounted side-by-side. Both ran for three years. The Simsite® impeller on the left looks like new!
Simsite® is a patented family of superior structural engineered composite pumps and pump parts approved by the US Navy for Navy, Marine, chemical, industrial, and wastewater applications.
KEY BENEFITS OF USING SIMSITE® IMPELLERS, RINGS, & PUMP PARTS, SIMSITE® IMPELLERS & RINGS
- They are corrosion resistant and chemical
- They NEVER corrode in saltwater, wastewater, or chlorinated water!
- Simsite® impellers are cavitation and erosion
- Superior to all metallic pumps in saltwater, wastewater, and chlorinated water
- Operate at higher efficiencies.
- Lighter 85% Less Weight than the weight of bronze, or stainless steel. The high strength to weight ratio of the Simsite® impeller means a substantial reduction in startup load, longer bearing and seal life, and less shaft deflection and vibration.
- Simsite® impellers maintain their perfect balance over the life of the pump.
- They eliminate electrolysis. Simsite® is an inert composite which does not conduct electrolysis and therefore saves or prolongs the life of the pump casing even if it is metallic!
INCREASE PERFORMANCE, LONGEVITY, & RELIABILITY
100% machined from one piece. Simsite® impellers are machined on the inside as well as the outside from solid blocks of the structurally engineered composite, which offers superior mechanical strength, perfect balance, better performance, smoother surfaces, and longer life. Tighter Seals. Simsite® impellers and casing rings will not gall or seize like metallic rings. Therefore, they can operate with a tighter clearance permitting less leakage through the rings and impeller which increases pump efficiency. Additionally, Simsite® casing rings seal the casing which prevents the “wash out” of the casing ring landing areas that is a common maintenance problem with centrifugal pumps. Reduces Noise and Vibration. Because of the high efficiency and the precision-machined design of the Simsite® impeller, lightweight, and noise absorbing characteristics of the structural engineered composite, noise and vibration are reduced in the pump.
Sims impellers machined from Simsite® offer tremendous advantages over traditional impellers cast from metal. Simsite® impellers are lightweight, offer tremendous mechanical strength, and are corrosion, erosion, and cavitation resistant. Simsite® impellers and casing rings have been used successfully since 1955 in the Marine, Navy, and industrial and chemical markets. They outlast and outperform impellers manufactured from bronze, stainless steel, duplex steel, monel, and even titanium.
Lower Costs, Increased Performance Sims Simsite® impellers, and rings are excellent for new, repair, or retrofit applications. They are lightweight and virtually indestructible. Wear of other pump parts including the pump casing is greatly reduced because of the Simsite® impeller’s perfect balance, lightweight, self-lubricating, sealing, and corrosion, erosion, and cavitation resistance. This means far less expense for the replacement of parts, downtime, and years of trouble-free performance.
DESIGNED FOR SUPERIOR HYDRAULIC PERFORMANCE
Because Simsite® impellers are computer engineered, designed, and precision machined, the impeller vane geometry can be engineered to maximize efficiency and performance. Problems such as re-circulation, radial thrust, and cavitation can be minimized, or eliminated by upgrading to Simsite® impellers and rings. Impeller vane shapes can easily be modified to provide the best vane shape for specific applications and performance requests.
It is all too common a problem — you purchased a pump for one specific performance and when you put the pump into service in your plant, or ship, the pump operates at another point completely different from the original design point (BEP or best effciency point) of the pump because of your system requirements. In addition to being very inefficient, when you operate the pump away from the original design point or BEP, it causes a multitude of problems. These problems include excessive noise and vibration, shaft oscillation, cavitation, premature wear and failure of the mechanical seals, bearings, rings, sleeves and impellers. In extreme cases, the shaft will break.
SIMSITE® IMPELLERS — PERFECT FOR RETROFIT & REPLACEMENT APPLICATIONS
- LIGHTWEIGHT — The exceptional high strength-to-weight ratio of Simsite® permits a much lighter weight This means a substantial reduction in start-up load, longer bearing and mechanical seal life, and less shaft deflection.
- REDUCES NOISE AND VIBRATION — Because of the high efficiency design of the Simsite® Impeller, its light weight, its noise-absorbing characteristics, and its precision machined design, noise and vibration are reduced in the pump
- ELIMINATES CORRSION, AND BALANCE PROBLEMS — Simsite® Impellers are an ideal replacement for metallic impellers, especially in corrosive pumping applications. Because Simsite® is an inert product, electrolysis within the pump is reduced or When Metallic Impellers corrode, they become unbalanced, causing premature wear on all other rotating parts. By replacing worn out parts with Simsite®, the pump lasts longer and costs are reduced!
Sims Pump Valve Company 1314 Park Avenue Hoboken, NJ 07030 201-792-06000 www.simsite.com www.impellerstore.com email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org