The following five to seven years are projected to witness a sustained upshift in investments and exponential improvements in the artificial limbs market. The soft and pliant nature of advanced prosthetic materials to protect underlying skin from residual damage is having a significant effect on their rate of adoption.
Mind-controlled humonic solutions are a radical breakthrough in research related to artificial limbs. These solutions can restore the unmet needs of lost sensation and human-like aesthetics, including gestures and volitional control. Extensive research in the field of artificial intelligence aimed at better quality of life for amputees is fuelling the growth of the artificial limbs market. Fact.MR, in its newest report, reveals that, the artificial limbs market is all set to witness a healthy CAGR of 6% through the forecast period (2020 – 2025).
For detailed insights on enhancing your product footprint, request for a sample here- https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=4359
Key Takeaways of Artificial Limbs Market
- Lower extremity prosthetics accounted for 55% share of the market in 2019, owing to the high prevalence of diabetes and vascular diseases across the globe.
- Electrically-powered/myoelectric prosthetics are projected register the fastest growth by the end of the forecast period. Advancements such as multi-articulating myoelectric hands are estimated to fuel this growth.
- According to Fact.MR, hospitals and prosthetic clinics will collectively account for 75% of the market share by the end of the forecast year. An uptick in the demand for prosthetics for trauma injuries and amputations during military combat will bolster the growth of these segments.
- North America will lead the artificial limbs market by the end of the forecast period. However, Asia Pacific will witness prolific growth, on the back of a surging geriatric population and an alarming high incidence of accidents.
“Clinical service networks, strong clinical teams, high focus on the marketing of products, and market diversification will be the key tenets of success for market players operating in the artificial limbs market”, says a Fact.MR Analyst.
Product Innovations and Well-timed Partnerships Lead to a Top-Heavy Competition Landscape
The artificial limbs market is highly consolidated in nature, with Ossur, Ottobock, and Hanger among the key players. Leading players have established a strong foothold in the market through strong teams, innovation, a highly-nuanced product portfolio, and timely acquisitions.
For in-depth competitive analysis, buy now – https://www.factmr.com/checkout/4359
- In November 2019, Ossur and Alfred Mann Foundation (AMF) signed a milestone agreement that allows Ossur to further develop and licence AMF’s implanted myoelectric sensor systems, as both these organizations surge ahead to explore the potential of mind-controlled prosthetic technologies.
- In the same month, Ottobock announced advancements in upper limb prosthetics, called the Myo Plus pattern recognition system. Ottobock partnered with Hanger to fit this new design onto an amputee. The technology has been approved and cleared by the FDA.
Prosthetic Clinics to Witness Leap in Growth, Hospitals Follow Suit
Prosthetic clinics are all set to witness a resurgence on the back of an extensive range of personalized and innovative solutions for amputees. These include state-of-the-art braces, shoes, supports, inserts, and other devices.
Prosthetic clinics are estimated to account for the maximum market share during the forecast period, and will grow 1.3X during the forecast period.
Hospitals are apace, and are projected to account for 30% of the market share by the end of 2025.
Increasing number of trauma cases, and industrial and traffic accidents are inadvertently creating a conducive environment for the hospitals segment. As per forecasts, the hospitals segment will grow 1.2X and maintain a steady course through 2025.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Our sales offices in United States and Dublin, Ireland. Headquarter based in Dubai, UAE. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
+1 (628) 251-1583
+1 (628) 251-1583